1 a person who repeats; "the audience consisted largely of repeaters who had seen the movie many times"
2 someone who is repeatedly arrested for criminal behavior (especially for the same criminal behavior) [syn: recidivist, habitual criminal]
3 a firearm that can fire several rounds without reloading [syn: repeating firearm]
4 (electronics) electronic device that amplifies a signal before transmitting it again; "repeaters can be used in computer networks to extend cabling distances"
- an electronic device that receives a weak or low-level signal and retransmits it at a higher level or higher power.
- (firearms) a gun that has a store of cartridges and does not need reloading after each shot.
- (ufology and similar studies) a person who regularly sees unexplained sightings of paranormal phenomenon.
- Amateur radio repeater
- Broadcast translator
- Cellular repeater (also known as cell phone repeater)
- Network hub - can be considered a multiport repeater
- Microwave radio relay
- Optical communications repeater
- Radio repeater
- Repeater insertion in integrated circuits
- Signal strength
- Wireless Distribution System
- ADSL loop extender
- Relay transmitter
repeater in Czech: Repeater
repeater in Danish: Repeater
repeater in German: Repeater
repeater in Spanish: Repetidor
repeater in French: Répéteur
repeater in Italian: Repeater
repeater in Japanese: 中継局
repeater in Portuguese: Repetidor
repeater in Russian: Повторитель
repeater in Swedish: Repeater
repeater in Chinese: 中继器
automatic, backslider, ballot-box stuffer, balloter, blowgun, blowpipe, elector, firearm, flamethrower, floater, fraudulent voter, gat, gun, handgun, heater, lost lamb, musket, peashooter, piece, pistol, prodigal son, proxy, recidivist, registered voter, returnee, reversioner, reversionist, revolver, rifle, rod, sawed-off shotgun, shooting iron, shotgun, six-gun, six-shooter, two-time loser, voter